Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Next up on my list is The Chronicles of Narnia, (each book) read in the proper order. I purchased the whole large collection (I have a weird thing for collections) this weekend on a random trip to Borders (a new Borders I just found when I randomly decided to drive to Frederick, Maryland for no reason at all only to purchase a milkshake at McDonalds and turn around to wind up at Borders). This might be my new favorite Borders though the distance is a bit much for a trip to a bookstore. But these words are irrelevant.

I started the book Sunday night and am now a few chapters into The Magician's Nephew and I am absolutely loving it. The last time I tried to read any of the Narnia books was when I was in sixth grade. I found The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe to be insanely dull and vowed to stay far, far from Lewis. But after seeing the movies (which, truth be told, I did not love but do find myself oddly enthralled by and will stop whenever I see them though I will not purchase or rent on my own), I've decided I wanted to read the whole series. It's exactly the kind of book I love. Magic, mysterious old people, odd friendships, secret passages. It's perfect. I'm excited to get deeper into this new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment