Friday, January 8, 2010

In Which I Repent of My Abysmal Reading Habits

It occurs to me that I hate reading reviews. So, in retrospect, it may have been a little silly to start a blog about the books I've been reading. Therefore, in this new year, I will change it to my liking. Because I am the author and have that right. I don't really know what this will look like. Perhaps it will be more stories, like the one about Kristen and when she left me to go to Wonderland which came to mind while reading The Chronicles of Narnia. Maybe I will just tell you that I hated it. Or that I loved it. Or maybe I will not even talk about the book at all. It shall be a surprise at every turn and who doesn't love surprises, right? Actually, I don't love surprises, so maybe I'll work on this a bit more... Anyway, so the thought of posting here to write a review that I don't really want to read has kept me away. Also the fact that I hardly read anything last year and that my final tally came to 28 makes me feel slightly ill. So. Out with the old and in with the new, as they say! This year will be so exciting in terms of literature. I have grand plans on the horizon! These grand plans involve reading only one book at a time and being, therefore, more likely to finish. I only reach for the highest goals imaginable, obviously.


I have no real resolutions this year other than to read a lot more than I did last year. In addition to that, I vow to make this the year that I finally finish those last 500 pages of War and Peace. Also, that one book at a time thing? Probably won't happen, so I will go with no more than two at a time and I cannot start a new one before one of those is finished.

So. As soon as I finish a book I will return. To do....something...

No comments:

Post a Comment